What Is Microblading?
Microblading is just the perfect way to add a natural splendor to your eyebrows by shaping them in a way that is best for your face. It can also help women achieve the thickness and length they desire.
How is Microblading different to brows tattoo?
Microblading, unlike tattooing, does not go in the deep layer of skin, but more on the surface. This is also not permanent, so it has the versatility of being modified through time. You could also adjust the color if you change your hair color.
Microblading involves using a precise, blade-like instrument to make tiny incisions while depositing pigment into the skin, so the result is far more natural and finer than any tattoo.
Does It Hurt?
Our Microblading technique involves the application of a numbing cream. This makes your experience almost painless. Marina will always make sure that you feel comfortable; and when you see her during your consultation, she will explain everything to you step by step.
Step by Step
1. Marina starts by shaping the brow area by threading the hairs, cleaning up the area and preparing it for the treatment.
2. Numbing – this takes about 20-30 minutes using a topical ointment.
3. 10 minutes before the numbing cream has got to a stage of working, Marina will start measuring the area around the brows, taking into account face shape, symmetry, facial features etc.
4. Then the blading process begins, gently implanting the pigment in the skin. Each stroke is a superficial line in the skin where the color pigment seeps in and settles then. If there is any discomfort at this stage, more numbing cream can be added, it will become effective after 5 minutes.
5. Marina adds a final layer of pigment that stays on for 5 minutes, then she cleans the area and reveals your new beautiful brows!
6. In 5-6 weeks there's a complementary touch-up session to fill in any gaps where the pigment hasn't taken or if more color is needed.
How Long Does It Last?
Microblading lasts between 12-18 months, but the longevity of the pigment will depend on your skin type. There is no scaring or discoloration with the pigments used, but you can have a touch up every 18 months to enhance the color of your micro-bladed eyebrows.
You'll need to follow the after care instructions and avoid any picking or scratching. Your eyebrows will start to heal over, which might cause irritation but is totally normal.
In the next ten days or so, your eyebrows will change color, might become flaky and look like they've faded; but this is totally normal. They'll reveal their final color and shape after around 30 days. This can then be touched up at the second session.
- Gently wash your eyebrows every morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap if preferred. Ensure all soap is rinsed away and dry by gently patting with a tissue. This will not remove the pigment.
- Use a clean pillowcase
- No picking!
- No facials, Botox, or peels for 4 weeks
- Avoid exercise for 1 week
- Avoid direct sun for 1 week
- Avoid long, steamy showers for 10 days
- Avoid swimming for 10 days
- Don't wear any make-up or use skincare on your brows until they've healed.
- Remember, your eyebrows aren't finished until after the second session.
Different Stages of The Process
Give us a Call and Schedule a Complementary Consultation with our Microblading Expert Marina! She will Answer all your Questions and Concerns.